AUGUST 17, 2017 8:58 PM
Fall Walking Challenge 2017
Girls On The Air and Chakra Strength are teaming together to offer a “BACK TO SCHOOL, BACK TO YOU” FALL FITNESS CHALLENGE! The goal of this effort is to foster community while making an empowering step toward ONE healthy habit, all before the busy holiday season starts. This challenge culminates at the 3rd Anniversary of the GIRLS ON THE AIR radio show, and there will be a celebratory event to acknowledge all of our sponsors and Fall Fitness Participants as well as our beloved listeners, friends and family!
What is this Fall Walking Challenge after all? Led by Sarah Barrett Lepore of Chakra Strength, we are offering a FREE EVENT to make small, consistent changes that WILL LAST – rather than the quick-fix more temporary changes that don’t last! Therefore we’ve decided to keep it simple! All you need to do is WALK.
- Starting Friday, August 25 at 9am, we will be walking at least one circle around Kimball Park, 1.5 miles.
- We will be meeting there on every M, W, F at 9am, (Labor Day off) near the entrance, by the parking lot (you can’t miss us!)
- Teamotions Tea as well as free fitness and wellness tips for encouragement will be offered.
- Those with the most walking entries will win their choice of one gift offered from our sponsors! Tie-breakers will be determined by answering a quiz about our most recent show (we air on Saturdays at 1Pm, 1590AM or podcasts are on our website www.girlsontheair.com)
- If you can’t be there, we have a FB Group page called “Girls On The Air/Chakra Strength Fall Walking Challenge” where you just need to post a picture of you on your walk! Also visit the FB page for support and other tidbits of goodness.
This event will last from August 25 – October 20, taking us right up to the beginning of the Holiday EATING/PARTY season (which is from Halloween through New Years).
Join us as a sponsor, a participant or BOTH and let the fun, supportive comraderie of Girls On The Air and Chakra Strength jump start your end-of-Summer blues and help you glide in to the holidays with a skip to your step!
Let us know what you’d like to donate as a sponsor gift, provide your business logo so we can make sure you are represented, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Show up at the park, or contact Sarah Barrett Lepore at [email protected]to provide your sponsorship donation, $50 value suggested service or product.
We’re very grateful for your support for this fun, community building event!
With love and walking shoes,
Karen, Traci, Liz, Debrah and Sarah